Home |



The Divine Mother

The Divine Mother is the Goddess Kali (काली). She is everything that was, everything that is, and everything that is going to be. To the Mother I say “I am made in your image, I have waited for many lifetimes, praying to Thee, Why do you hide oh Mother. I Love Thee dearly more than anything in this world, hear my cry oh Mother. I wish my soul is always directed towards you, and that I always love You. I have sinned as an innocent child unknown of my actions, I ask for Your forgiveness. Oh Mother I give you my hearts call, take me in Your arms, remove all my sins and delusion, please reveal Thyself oh Mother, reveal Thyself!



Source: Wikipedia

Form of Goddess Kali
Kali has four hands, two of which depict Her creative aspect and the other two Her destructive aspect.
Her colour is black because black is the colour in which all others colours merge, so all forms disappear in Her, Hence the black colour symbolizes Her transcendence nature.
She wears a garland of 51 human heads each of which depict the 51 alphabets of the Sanskrit language, symbolizing the repository of knowledge and wisdom.
She wears a covering of human hands that are the principle instruments of work and so signifying the action of karma. Hence every aspect of the form of Goddess Kali has a symbolic meaning.

Posted by Dhruv Patel 1:21 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment