Home |



The Realization

I breathe my last worldly whiff as I lay on my bed
The morose faces staring at my withered visage
As my chest contracted for one last time
My eyes closed and then silence followed

I suddenly opened them in amazement
And with a dash of energy got upright
The gloomy faces still staring through me
Even as I turned behind

I was still there lying on the bed
Or was it only my body?
A million thoughts swooped my mind
Was ‘I’ really the body?

I dashed for the bed and jumped into my body
Desperately trying to get back into the fleeting world
To erase my sins and wrong doings
To bask always in the glory of my true Self

Then a bright light flashed brilliantly
As a heavenly halo filled the room
And an etheric Angel descended down
She came towards me smiling

Her sweet voice echoed ‘Thou art free’
Peace instantly swept across my being
‘Thou was never the body dear brother,
Thou was in delusion all these years’

I thought to myself all these years
I have lived as someone else in ignorance
The relatives, the possessions everything I thought
Belonged to this body and not ‘Me’

The mellifluous voice said ‘Fear not
Thou shall have another chance later
Now let us go to our Father’s house
He is anxiously awaiting Your return’

Posted by Dhruv Patel 12:36 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. tmaniar said...
    dhruv, not the one I know... though am impressed with the blog...tushar
    Kamlesh Acharya said...
    bhaila ...
    bau saras che.
    jiyo jiyo... :)
    jsk
    Kamlesh

Post a Comment